Monday, March 1, 2010

February in a NUTTSHELL!

Wow! So Feb was a little hectic huh? Haven't been on here in a bit and I'm going to start March with a bang. What do I remember most? Snow-lots of SNOW! I have been told that March is crazy and you never know what to expect. We were snowed in for many days here in VA; with children, spouses, friends, and even ourselves. The one thing I can't relate too-the bad eating. I can't tell you how much I heard of "bad eating" habits while those were stuck in the house. I even heard it on the news several times. Really? OK So let's be prepared next time. Here is what I suggest; all those things you have been meaning to do around the house...do them. We hear of the weather to come for days right? Start making a "to do" list. If we don't write things down, we won't know what to do or won't have a visual reminder. This will keep you busy next time the weather hits. How about a pre-cooked healthy meal or snack? Now your thinking.... Spring will be here before you know it. Everytime you fall off that "wagon", you make a new excuse and renew your vow of being healthier again. How many times are you going to go through this in a year? Wait, let me see...I counted at least 9 times! Can you guess which events send you on the "healthy" roller coaster?

2 comments:

  1. The slow breathing really works! The meditation is the answer. Focusing on goals and when thoughts of temptations show up picture a big stop sign in front of it. I also notice if I plan a meal I think how I can make it legal for me. Real simple: make spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, carrots, eggplant. Then cook the meat separate for the non-diet people. Keep the veggie sauce for you and put the meat in a separate pan with the sauce for them. Also mixing 1/2 whole wheat pasta with 1/2 Deboles artichoke flour pasta. Family won't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a run Tuesday!! Ecstatic and fun!This looks promising for me!

    ReplyDelete