Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Worst Enemy....

Many times in the past, I caught saying to myself- "I should've done...", "Why can't I...." or even "I want.....".  We, as humans, beat ourselves up over and over again.  Is it external expectations from friends or family members? Do we let society dictate our every action and the way we should feel?

I often come across clients who do the same.  At some point in my life I've stopped asking questions and trying to predict my future and dwelling on my past.  It's a beautiful thing to be free of negative self-talk.  Your eyes are open and you begin to see things just as they are- not the way you or anyone else should think the way they should be.

Then on the other side of the coin we have lost the ability to hold ourselves accountable and just let things go.  Is your spouse not doing the laundry as you think he/she should?  Has a co-worker not e-mailed you back in the time that you think he/she should?  Is it your job's fault for you missing your workouts?

I challenge you to drop ALL expectations of yourself and others- you're making yourself nuts over it!  Start each day as it is-new.  Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself and put that list somewhere you can see it on a daily basis.  Accept yourself and hold yourself accountable.  I am more than sure you will feel empowered and enjoying life a little more....


No comments:

Post a Comment