Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"When It Rains, It Pours"

Why do we say that? Rain is rain. When things go a different direction than what we would like to happen, why do we think it's the end of the world? When I had my hip surgery back in October, I receieved a card that put things in perspective. My client wrote, "remember, there's always rain before a rainbow". So who cares if it pours right? Things will turn out in the end. When they turn out, it's just the way they are. The hardest thing for me to do, is to just let go. I don't think there is a person out there who doesn't have this problem on some sort of level. Things are the way they are...yep, say it again, things are the way they are. What does that mean to you? Can you change the world? Some things are just out of our control and it's exactly that, that we have had hard time dealing with. We, at times, want to control EVERYTHING. Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes its the way we would like it, and sometimes not.

I've been using this thought process a lot recently with work, school, relationships, opportunities, and missed opportunities. There have been times I wish I was taller, already done with school, more successful, injury free, etc. Why put more demands on oneself? I already have enough. Yet, because I criticize, I demand. So, I have stopped the cyclical nature of mindtalk: critism>demand. Let me tell you, my mind is more at ease and I have renewed outlook on life.

I would like for you to stop yourself next time you criticize>demand, and just accept that "things are the way they are".

No comments:

Post a Comment