Sunday, February 20, 2011

So I want to close out February....

Well, I got on a bit of a nutrition kick lately, probably because of the New Year, and have thought of 2 great workout topics to discuss. I think I will save that for March.

I will say this, something needs to be said on the strength of a person mentally and physically. If you know me, and yourself, we have endured both through our lives. I had major hip surgery in Oct of '09 and then again in Aug of '10. This weekend, I not only got back out on the trails for running, but then 2 days later certified in kickboxing. Why? Because I can. Who said I couldn't? The perception of our life is to take it easy and be cautious. Trust me, I'm about preventive medicine-hell, that's how I was trained. Here's my philosphy, be prepared but defeat the odds. If your body tells you that you can do anything and your mind tells you to go for it, then you can.

My boyfriend received an immaculate birthday present from my mother- SKY DIVING! What the hell? Plunge to my death? Thanks mom! Then I got to thinking-what's so different in flying in an airplane? My life will be entrusted to the guy I'm strapped to correct? If I'm not mistaken, I do the same when I fly. Use the seat cushion as a floatation device! Seriously?! So I embrace plunging my self to earth....

So do something different! What have you always wanted to do? What have you wanted to experience but scared to? What do you have to lose? I can't tell you how empowering it is! It may be running a race for the first time, diving, or even trying a new exercise like Bikram yoga. At least you can say that you did it....


From Pink's song:

Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down
Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated
Look, I'm still around

___ ___ ___

The whole world's scared so I swallow the fear
The only thing I should be drinking is an ice cold beer
So cool in line, and we try try try, but we try too hard and it's a waste of my time
Done looking for the critics, cause they're everywhere
They dont like my jeans, they don't get my hair
Exchange ourselves, and we do it all the time
Why do we do that? Why do I do that?

Love that song.....

No comments:

Post a Comment