Thursday, November 21, 2013

Just as I expected-of myself

As Halloween came and went, so did my mind!  Is it Labor Day that begins the Fall/Winter craziness, or Halloween?  I can't keep up.  And do you know what the worse thing is?  I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

We have all been there.  I hear it all the time.  This holiday party, that holiday party....I'm going out of town here but then have to go again soon over there....So today I paused, took a deep breath, and started with myself.  I needed "me time".  I find that if Kris is happy, then everyone is happy.  Can you relate?

Thanksgiving is next week.  So before that roller coaster of cooking, shopping, parties, and traveling begins, make sure you have time for you.  Where is your "slow down" moment?



1. Shut off the mind- and we all know that at times, this may seem as an impossible thing to do.  It is extremely difficult for me to do this at the end of a busy day, trying to fall asleep.  My mantra? "Let it go".

2. Release negativity- negative thoughts turn into a fictitious world.  Stop it before you create it.  Remember that little thing called KARMA?  If I'm stuck thinking negative thoughts, I try to close my eyes, take a deep breath, and think "In with the good, out with the bad".

3. Meditate- You will be amazed at what the mind can do if you shut everything down for 10min/day. The best way to do this, is to put yourself in a comfortable position, quiet, with no distractions.  Focus on your breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment