1. Americans purchase almost 600 MILLION pounds of candy each year for Halloween! That's 158 TRILLION candy corns!
2. More chocolate candy is sold during Halloween-leading Valentine's Day and Easter!
3. Top selling candy? CANDY CORN!- 20 MILLION pounds a year.
4. After candy corn-Snickers, Reese's, Kit Kat, and then M&M'S. (mmmm, Reese's)
5. Alabama, Kentucky, and Mississippi are states that love candy corn the most. BUT Oregon looks for a gluten-free candy....really?
6. YEP! More people are looking for a gluten-free candy over sugar-free. (Didn't I write a post on the craze in gluten-free for F.I.T. studio a couple of weeks ago?)
7. The day of most candy sales? October 28th. I got mine today!
8. The average American household spends $44 on candy for Halloween! (I guess I have to go back out and buy some more!)