Monday, August 16, 2010

The advice I gave the Bills-OPPORTUNITY!


OK, so first I have to admit, I was bombarded by blog topic entries today. My head is about to explode! (Please, no comments from the peanut gallery-you know who you are) So this entry is the first of 3.

If you don't know, I have been through a lot of crap over the past couple of years. In fact, I have gone through surgery every year since 2006, been through 4 life changing events, and now gracing another surgery. Hip surgery that is. In five years I bought a house, was married, been through 3 failed pregnancies, divorced, 2 hip surgeries, and a bunch of "crap' in between. I think any normal woman might be in a straight jacket by now....but why? At 32, you would think that I should probably move to Canada, fly fish, and raise cattle....hmmmmm.

As I parallel my life with others every day, the word that I can only think of is OPPORTUNITY. You might be going through some sort of "crap" in your life as well. Everyone has their own reaction to it, but regardless, it's your life. That's what I want to tell you. Everyone is in their own situation, however, create OPPORTUNITY from it. Yeah, I've had my "what the hell!" moments...but they pass....

Instead of being so wrapped up in the could've, would've, should've....think of what you can do in the situation and create a positive opportunity. If you let the "crappy" situation consume you, it will. And guess what? Others around you as well. I have a degenerative hip (please again, no comments...just laugh;-) So what the hell can I do about? Nothing!

Instead of thinking of how I might remodel the house for 6 weeks because I'm non-weight bearing (possibly), I'm thinking of BLOGGING EVERYDAY!!!! just kidding;-) The time that I am home, I'm thinking of how I can work on my other 2 projects: 1. The successful business of In Life and Health, and 2. (it's a secret).

Please do me a favor? When life throws you a curve, or you're a Buffalo Bills fan with no hope for the season....think of an opportunity that can come out of it. You will feel better. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment