Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last of 3

First, thanks again for all the well wishes. I was definitely overwhelmed and practically high-fived my mother in the recovery room. I was only out the weekend and weight bearing as tolerated. However, I didn't plan on being sick for 2 days. Anaesthesia got the best of me on Friday and Saturday with some parts on Sunday.

This brings me to my next point, the last of three-you can't expect the unexpected. Why is it that we go nuts when something doesn't work within "our plan". I have to laugh at the irony in all of this. (HaHa) I had 5 days to plan for the best and worst case scenario coming out of surgery. Huh? It takes me 2 weeks just to plan to go out of town for 5 days! Dogs, house, clients.....
Then there's the car. I might be one of the last ones standing in Northern Va with a manual. Guess what though? IT'S PAID FOR! It's a great car with NO issues! Loan is done and I haven't had a car payment for awhile so why look at a new one? Why would someone LOOK for a car payment?!

This kills me. No seriously...this is killing me. Life is good but not sustainable. Could the shifting exacerbate my left leg issues? Possibly. So I'm looking at it as a personal training client would look at. That's right. I put myself in their shoes. As a wise man once told me, "You are my retirement fund. I want to continue to be able to do what I do and even more. I am putting money towards my health." BRILLIANT!!!! So while I moan and complain, it's really not all that bad. I'm doing it for my health too!

No comments:

Post a Comment