Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Year's Realization!

We are beginning to wind down with a busy holiday season and I can't help but to look forward with what's already planned ahead. As I begin to make changes for the New Year, I realize that the unknown has become most appealing. As we normally say, "change is good". Why are we so scared of it then? I wrote in a previous blog that my professor in MBA school mentioned that we should address change as a growth process. Not only am I living this on a personal and professional level, but I am also witness to it within my own family and my friends. The one thing that shouldn't change is your true self. Understand who you are and what makes you happy. Stick with this realization for the New Year instead of making a "resolution". Too often we lose sight of true selves as we grow and then wonder what happened.

Instead of making a New Year's resolution, I'm going to stick with what makes me happy and make those things even better to live for. This is my New Year's Realization-

1. Cook a great dinner at least 3x/wk-include wine (for sipping!)
2. Visit a winery at least once every couple of months with friends and family.
3. Travel (on the itinerary-Mississippi, the Keys, and Jamaica!)
4. Workout 4-5d/wk
5. Walk the dogs 2-3x/wk

What's you New Year's Realization?

No comments:

Post a Comment