Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Off in full swing

So the New Year has begun and I hope that you have heeded my advice from my last post-work on the things you can this year and don't overwhelm yourself with large, out-of-reach goals. I started this myself about a week ago. As a client of mine not only made fun of her to-do list, multiple ones at that, I have noticed that I too have multiple lists. Why in the world do I want to make them any longer?! I sat down and created ONE large list and numbered the most important things to get done as #1. Items that could wait about a week or two, #2. Leisure, fill in the time things, were labeled as #3. I must say, a few weeks lighter, I feel confident setting up my NEW year.

This confidence rolls right into spending more time for myself. I am able to work out more, actually have great conversations with my boyfriend (instead of the, "hi, how was your day-I have to go to bed now" aknowledgements), and feel OK that I HAVE to get something done right away. I have steered away from the TV and computer as well. They suck you right in!

So, I guess that's what I can suggest to you in order to start the new year off right. Get your TO-DO list organized and start accomplishing small tasks. I think you will feel better about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment