Friday, June 14, 2013

My story....


So I feel compelled to write this and don't know why. It's probably because I've known people to die at such a young age of a heart attack-ignoring the symptoms.

Last night I woke up with chest pain, a terrible cough, and not able to swallow. I went to the store, bought antacids, and went back to bed. Woke up 3 hrs later with the same symptoms and now not able to bend over or sit up. I am 34y/o, workout 4-5x/wk, and eat a Vegetarian diet- I couldn't be having a heart attack...

Got in the car and drove myself to the ER- unfortunately, I was so worried that something might happen in the car, I pulled over and called 911.

Come to find out, the antibiotics I had been taking for a tick bite had created GERD over the past couple of weeks and had inflamed my esophagus. Whew! But what if?

Even I, in "perfect" health, was worried and scared. The thing I couldn't help think about was my family. My advice to you- even if you think you're sick or it's just acid reflux, you might even feel a little embarrassed, go get checked out if you don't feel yourself and have chest pain-it's not just about you 

No comments:

Post a Comment